Actually, don’t applaud either!
In fact, pretend we aren’t there at all.
Like you can’t see us, like we don’t exist.
It is equally uncomfortable to be praised for going to the gym as it is to be ridiculed.
Let us do our thing in peace. Let us take up as small of a space as possible - because that is how we view ourselves.
By all means, smile as we come in or go out. Don’t comment while we are doing what we need to do - leave us alone.
After 6 months or a year - feel free to tell us how nice it is to see us there every day, how great we look, how the hard work is really paying off.
But in our first, baby steps - we just don’t have the confidence to deal with your opinions. We have enough bad ones floating around in our head and even your positive ones aren’t welcome and can, in fact, be a deterrent.
25 Notes/ Hide
- nicolataylor999 likes this
- elliephant65 likes this
- kaylebleechan likes this
- itsmebaked likes this
- mozilla-1980 reblogged this from punctuateprogress
- applemommyof2 likes this
- eatrightdoyoga likes this
- tinad257 reblogged this from punctuateprogress
- tinad257 likes this
- leefuuruns reblogged this from farewellfatty
- beverly-baby likes this
- asdfghjkl-novita likes this
- timelordfitness likes this
- shelovessomeone likes this
- mcspiffjelsew likes this
- mcspiffjelsew reblogged this from punctuateprogress and added:
- katerious719 likes this
- so-very-unorthodox reblogged this from punctuateprogress and added:
- so-very-unorthodox likes this
- mattie1995 reblogged this from jfc91
- mattie1995 likes this
- farewellfatty reblogged this from jfc91 and added:
- farewellfatty likes this
- qweertus likes this
- qweertus reblogged this from punctuateprogress
- wendarooskie likes this
- new-spiritbodylife reblogged this from punctuateprogress
- jfc91 reblogged this from punctuateprogress and added:
- punctuateprogress posted this